TERMS OF SERVICE
Terms of Service
If you have accepted an estimate, completed your initial deposit of 50% of the proposed estimate or have hired me through other written confirmation method, you are now in agreement with the outlined terms. You (hereinafter referred to as “you”,”your” or “client”) are in cooperation with She Makes Webthings(hereinafter referred to as “contractor”) as an independent contractor for a specific project of developing and/or improving a website or other digital medium as outlined in the estimate an/or written communication that you have been provided with.
The contractor is authorized to access your account(s) necessary which need to be utilized for this project. The required login credentials for these accounts must be provided upon request. If you fail to provide the necessary information, please be advised that the certain functions and requested integrations may not work properly. You also authorize the contractor to publicize the completed content and extend permission with a link back to be located on a visible but unobtrusive section of the completed project, unless otherwise discussed.
Description of Project & Processes
- The contractor will design and develop the project to meet the general requirements laid out by the client.
- The client is required to provide specifications of the project. For a website, all content will be provided to the contractor to utilize. Such materials may include, but are not limited to: images, written copy, logos and other relevant material. However, if a logo design is part of the project, it will be utilized when completed and approved for use by the client. The contractor may make minor edits to the supplied content for grammar and/or spelling as well as optimizations and adjustments as needed to improve the sites overall usability and experience.
- The contractor and the client must work together to complete the project within a reasonable time. During the designing and development process there is a certain amount of consistent feedback required in order to progress. The contractor will not be responsible if the project remains unfinished or is delayed, due to the client’s inaction or unresponsiveness. If the client does not supply the contractor with project specifications and relevant content within six(6) weeks from the date that the estimate was accepted or six(6) weeks from the date that the deposit was made, without prior agreement, the project will be terminated and the entire amount of the contract becomes due.
- The contractor will test the work in current versions of major desktop browsers and mobile devices to ensure that a person’s experience of a design is appropriate with the capabilities of the device being used.
- If SEO work is part of the agreed upon work order, white-hat SEO practices will be implemented into the client’s website. This does not guarantee improvements to your website’s search engine ranking, but the web pages that are developed are accessible to search engines.
- The contractor holds no responsibility for the project after it’s completion, any additional support may be provided at will and within reason.
- At the completion of the project, an electronic invoice will be sent to the client via email to the primary address of prior communications. All invoices are due within 14 days from the date of creation. Any past due amounts will incur a 10% interest charge per month beginning from the day of delinquency. In the event of non-payment All costs associated with recovery of a debt will be charged in full including legal fees and court costs in addition to a $50 charge for administrative duties.
Either party may cancel the contract within reasonable notice of three(3) days, or may be put into immediate effect based on mutual agreement. The deposit fee will be forfeited in lieu of compensation to the contractor. This is to cover design and administration time spent, resources purchased and allocated, research time and administration costs. If the time spent on the project exceeds the deposit amount, the client may be invoiced for the billable time at the current hourly rate.
However, if a contract is cancelled by the client two(2) weeks from the date that the estimate was accepted or two(2) weeks from the date that the deposit was made, without mutual prior agreement, the project will be terminated and the entire amount of the contract then becomes due.
If a project is cancelled by the contractor, due to unforeseen circumstances, the deposit will be refunded in full to the client in a timely manner.
She Makes Webthings will complete work in accordance with good industry practice and at the standard expected from a suitably qualified person with relevant experience.
The contractor will make every effort to ensure accuracy but cannot guarantee that the work will be error-free and so the contractor cannot be liable to you or any third-party for damages, including lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages.
Finally, if any provision of this contract shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this contract and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. These terms of service constitutes the entire understanding of the parties. Any changes or modifications thereto must be in writing and agreed upon by both parties.